ARE YOU INTERESTED IN RUNNING FOR MUNICIPAL OFFICE?
Nominations for the positions listed below must be made on the prescribed form. Nomination Forms will be available soon on the website or can be picked up at the Municipal Office. Potential candidates are required to make an appointment with the Clerk, or designate, to ensure availability to receive the nomination.
Nomination forms must be filed with the prescribed declaration by at least 25 persons, either in person or by your agent with the Clerk/Returning Officer of the Municipality during regular office hours from May 1, 2018 to Thursday, July 26, 2018, and between 8:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. on Friday, July 27, 2018 (Nomination Day).
The required filing fee for the Head of Council is $200 and all other office are $100, cash, debit, certified cheque or money order payable to the Municipality of Dysart et al, must accompany the signed form.
Nominations for the offices of:
- – MAYOR – one to be elected at large
- – DEPUTY MAYOR – one to be elected at large
- – COUNCILLORS – five to be elected, one from each of the five Wards
- – School Board Trustee – English Public – Trillium Lakelands District School Board – Nominations to be filed with the the Clerk, Township of Minden Hills (to be confirmed) – one to be elected
- – School Board Trustee – French Public – Conseille, Conseil Scolaire Viamonde – Nominations to be filed with the Clerk, City of Oshawa – one to be elected
INTERESTED IN RUNNING FOR COUNCIL?
The Municipalities of Dysart et al, and Highlands East and the Township’s of Algonquin Highlands and Minden Hills will be hosting a joint information session for citizens interested in running as a candidate for municipal office.
The Candidate Information Session will take place on Thursday, April 26, 2018 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at the Haliburton Royal Canadian Legion Branch 129 located at 719 Mountain Street, Haliburton, ON.
Representatives from the Ministry of Municipal Affairs will be facilitating the session and will cover a range of topics including nomination process, election process, what to expect if elected, and roles and responsibilities.
Nominations to run for Council commences on May 1, 2018, with Nomination Day on July 27, 2018. The Municipal Election will be held on October 22, 2018.
Advance registration for the session is encouraged by emailing Deanna Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 705-286-1260 ext. 212 by April 16, 2018.